Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Sick

So I seem to have gotten a sore throat. and a fever. Yuck. made it through work yesterday, today is a day off, so I'm going to rest and try to get better. Its all annoying though, because I haven't been able to exercise I've felt so bad. I hate that.
In other news I found a book club for adults in Warren, so I'm going to try a meeting on the 16th. The first book is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I got it yesterday, and finished it yesterday (yes I read that fast). Its a good book, well written, with kinda a stupid ending, though I understand why the ending was done. Its about a family who has a daughter who has leukemia, and they have a second daughter to use as a donor for the sick one (they also have a son). When the daughter is 13(the donor) her older sister has kidney failure, and she is expected to give up a kidney, so she gets a lawyer and sues for control over her body.
Its pretty deep and thought provoking - which to be honest isn't really the type of thing I enjoy reading, but once a month to have a chance to meet people, not a big deal. So we'll see how it goes.
hmm, all I have to say right now, so later all.

4 comments:

Anna said...

OK so tell me, Does she get control over her body?
I'll never read the book, you can ruin it for me.

ExerciserTODAY said...

LOL yes she does, and then promptly (as in like 1 hour after the court verdict) gets into a car accident and dies and her sister is given her kidney.
which is why the ending is kinda weird.
Which by the way, if you know that ending is coming, it isn't quite as stupid seeming.

Anna said...

Thats the kind of luck I have.

I think that book would piss me off!LOL

First of all how do have a child just to be a donor for another child.

Anyway, hope you are feeing better.

ExerciserTODAY said...

yeah, well its not quite as bad as it sounds, they wanted the child, but had her genetically engineered to be a perfect match.
Then they were only going to use the umbilical cord, but everytime after that the other daughter got sick...
though I'm glad you said that, I was worried I didn't get it cause I'm not a mom.