Sunday, January 28, 2007

this will probably be really short cause I'm tired

Actually though, had a decent weekend. Now I get to rest, and I have tomorrow off. Which will be really nice. So, lets see, how did the weekend go. Friday went to work, agreed to change my day off so I could be available to call into a meeting I'm not important enough to actually attend - its in England.
Then I came home, did some stuff, nothing thrilling and went to the con again. Hung out with Keyser until I had to be at reg, then worked reg all night. People really seemed to like my two lumps shirt, which was cool. Then I left at about 11 pm, rushed home, fed furrballs, and went to bed.
Saturday I had to be at the con for 8:00 am, which I was only a few min late. did reg for a bit until after noon - they didn't have a replacement person for the morning people. YUCK! though I did get a security guard of my very own.
Occasionally, people will ask for their badge in such a way that I become weird and ask "and what do I get in return). One of the security guys brought the other security guy over so when I asked the first pointed to the second. I went "I get HIM!! OOOOHH!" The guy seemed just as excited. LOL. Ok, side note, this is a gaming convention, which means lots of dorky guys and not that many girls, regardless of looks. So, if one of the 5 females hits on you in any form at one of these, you have acheived greatness. A GIRL talked to you. ooooh. LOL. So no I don't believe he thought I was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but that I had a tight t-shirt and boobs.
ok, back to story. oh, Friday night this guy showed up, and had a roll of bondage tape. Its made to stick to itself, but nothing else. I asked to be bondaged, so he wrapped a bunch around one of my wrists (since I was laminating badges and stuff I couldn't be "cuffed".
So I put the tape back on Saturday morning.
while I'm getting the security guy regged he asks what I did to my wrist. LOL I say, oh its bondage tape, turn to the other and said, now he really thinks he won on this deal. LOL to which they both agreed.

So anyway. I finally got some free time, hung out in CCG - had a coffee. walked a bit with my lovely husband. I also tried a cool CCG (Collectable Card Game) Called Redemption. It is a christian based CCG, and was easy to learn, good mechanics, and alot of fun. Oh, I had lunch also. So then I went back to reg.
Now there is this thingy called a winter ren faire here in NJ. I have been thinking of going, because some people I know will be there, and its like 20 min from my house. So all in all, kinda a win/win. Now, its an "adult" faire, by which they say all outfits need to be beach friendly. and some stuff will be a bit risque. No big deal. I figured I could wear my lion costume, have some fun.
So the guy who runs this show got a table at the con - right across from reg. He was wandering alot, introducing himself to people, so he left a note at his table that he would be back, take a flyer, and leave him a note. So I did. Later at reg, he came by, and I told him, oh, I left you a note. He comes over to me and says, I saw, and I really would like you to come to my faire, and if you do, I promise to personally have sex with you. His name is Jeff Mach There is a very nice pic of him on this page, that makes him look much nicer then he really did. So I'm standing here thinking uh, no. I respond by saying, oh, I would get in trouble if I did that. He responds with I will sleep with your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend wife, who ever else as well so you don't get in trouble.
Now, I realize that I take part in activities that are not the most conservative. I am not afraid of a bit of off-color comments, a little risque humor, some flirting, stuff like that. But this was just creepy. I forget what I said to get rid of him, but I'm actually now thinking maybe I don't want to go to this winter faire thing, because of how he acted. LOL.
Ok. so a little while later, a gentleman comes to the booth, and very nicely asks if I would want to meet him for coffee sometime. I very politely explained I was married, but thanked him. Wheeee. I love being asked out, makes me feel vaguely attractive still. And he was respectful and very nice, which went well.
Then we had chocolate, and then I had a convo with a young lady who was promoting some future cons who was also across fromt the reg desk. Evidently, she was hit on as well, but a scary guy. This guy who hit on her, said will you be at these cons? oh then I'll be there, and licked his lip. Then came over later and said, have you decided to take me up on my offer? ew. LOL we were laughing at the horrible come ons, and then she told me that the guy from the winter faire would get to his table by climbing under it. One time he did that he grabbed her ankle and say oooh, nice view (she had on jeans). LOL. yeah, he was just kinda creepy.
Ok, so that was pretty much it of interest. Time for me to stop typing, so I can get something to drink and play some pogo games.
Have fun all!

4 comments:

Anna said...

BUT..is he the greatest thing since sliced gravy?

(oh I hope chad reads this....)

ExerciserTODAY said...

LOL I have no idea which he you mean, and no opinion about Chad.

Anna said...

You said the one guy was not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

So sounds like there alot of creepy guys at the cons...huh??LOL

Glad to see one of us is still a weirdo magnet!

ExerciserTODAY said...

LOL yes, lots of creepy guys, though to be honest most are very nice. It was just the one that scared me so much. Oh and Andrew doesn't want him either LOL>