Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday and Monday

First, very exciting, I exercised again today. I had stopped because of being sick, but the antibiotics are done, so this is the first day I did situps, walked and did my upper body exercises again. I'm so happy, I've hated taking the break because I really want to lose weight, and be in better shape. So now I'm getting back on track again.

ok, yesterday was not that exciting, the two big events were grocery shopping and the season premere of 24. Since I'm sure no one cares about my groceries - though it was a big deal I hadn't shopped really in 2 weeks - I'll tell you my thoughts on 24. In case you haven't watched, and are still planning on it, I'd stop reading now, in case I reveal deep involved secrets.

Ok, so Jack is back from China, President Palmer (the hot sexy dead pres' brother) made a deal to get him from China. So he could sell Jack to some guy who wants to kill him, in return for the location of a terrorist who is bombing all different cities in the US. There is a slimeball advisor who wants internment camps for muslims, and the president's sister (who is pretty hot herself) is married/involved with some muslim guy who runs an organization - like some happy, non-dangerous group, who is being targeted by the FBI. Jack gets free of the guy who wants to kill him, after learning he is actually in charge of the bombings, and the guy who he is turning over to the US government is here to stop the bombings. some stuff blow up. some surprises happen (yeah, tired of typing already).
So basically, lots of fun, Jack almost lost a finger, but does prove how "Mouse Guard" hardcore he is by gnawing a man to death. Lots of torture, and some more stuff blows up.

The nice thing is, Andrew and I have lots of fun trying to "guess" where the plot is going, and figure out who is the traitor in the inner circle this year and all that. We are guessing right now that Morris is the traitor, but its really early to tell. Every year I think they can't pull off another good season, but they've proved me wrong, so with any luck, this will be another good season.
And besides Kiefer Sutherland and DB Woodside are not hard on the eyes at all. The guys who play Fayed and Assad are both nice too look at as well, so even if the plot sucks this year, at least the eye candy is worth it.

Ok, have fun all.

Sigh I just realized I didn't talk about today at all. LOL. Today was not bad at work, lots of scanning and photocopying today. But I also did some work on the site's Go Red For Women's Health Day, which for us will be February 5, 2007 - its really Feb 2, but I'll be going to see my penguin that weekend. Officially, now I'm the actual "leader" of the event, which means I am the only person on my team - lol. I am organizing it, and today I met with someone from one of the diversity groups - Women's Leadership Initiative - to see if they will take part in the event. They agreed, so on the 23rd I get to present to their steering committee, which is always scary. But good. And it will look great for future jobs that I was incharge of this event. Since I have been looking lately, it would be nice.

Ok, thats really it, 2 more hours of 24 tonight! yay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack Bauer rules! He rules!!